Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Security Login

VarunGupta
Contributor II

Hi,

To receive a session token id from RSA Archer, I'm calling its security login API and receiving "LoginNotValid" over HTTP 200 response. 

Could you please suggest if Username need to be part of specific Access Control Group or any other configuration required?

I'm trying to call RSA exposed login API via Postman.

HTTP POST  https://<hostname>/RSAarcher1/platformapi/core/security/login

HEADER:

Accept: application/json,text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8

Content-Type: application/json

BODY:

{
"InstanceName":"v6.6",
"Username":"xxxxxx",
"UserDomain":"",
"Password":"xxxxxx"
}

RESPONSE:

{
"Links": [],
"RequestedObject": null,
"IsSuccessful": false,
"ValidationMessages": [
{
"Reason": "Validation",
"Severity": 3,
"MessageKey": "ValidationMessageTemplates:LoginNotValid",
"Description": "",
"Location": -1,
"ErroredValue": null,
"Validator": "ArcherApi.Controllers.SecurityController, ArcherApi, Version=6.6.500.1044, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null",
"XmlData": null,
"ResourcedMessage": null
}
]
}
Please suggest.
Thank You,
Varun Gupta
21 REPLIES 21

VarunGupta
Contributor II

A solution to the original problem in calling APIs was because of the 'InstanceName' value wasn't correct.

How do I get the correct instance name value?

Instance name can be found under Datafeed > Transport Tab > Transport Configuration > Instance Name

Using the correct value of InstanceName, I was able to hit the API successfully.

Hope this helps.

Thank You,

Varun Gupta

Good that you found root cause. Like was suspected, login details were incorrect: URL, Instance, login, etc.

To find our your Instance Name, open Archer Control Panel on a server, and on the left hand side, you will see Instances.